Monday 18 June 2007

Shhhhhh........

I've been hearing that sound a lot lately.

"Shhhhh"

Turns out going to sleep isn't something that comes naturally to little people like me, so I've got to be taught.

Armed with a new book, mum's been getting me used to falling asleep in my bassinet. Dad's been in on it too. They take 15 minute shifts of holding me and 'shhhh'-ing me. Now, I'd prefer to fall asleep in mum's arms, but that's obviously not an option anymore, so I'm making the best of my cot time.

I'm still a little jumpy - not as much as when I was first born, but I haven't totally lost my startle reflex. Dad will think I've finally nodded off, he'll be about to get up, only to hear me breathe in three quick breaths, open my eyes, and look around the room for a few minutes. Sometimes I'll start to cry and all their work will come undone!

But it's getting better, and it's taking less and less time for me to fall asleep.

"Shhhhh"

No comments:

My life in pictures