Thursday 29 November 2007

Captain snooze is bananaman

I'm happy to report I've managed to go to sleep the last couple of nights without too much fuss. This is in sharp contrast to earlier days where I would carry on like a pork chop and 'convince' mum and dad that I needed to be in the loungeroom with them until about 9 o'clock, when I'd fall asleep on one of their shoulders. I think the baby whisperer would have something to say about this technique. Something like 'accidental parenting'! Bt i's hardly accidental when they knew what was going on, and why it was bad. So we'll have to come up with another term. But after a couple of changes to routine, and some changes in my attitude, I've taken to falling asleep in my cot! Fancy that. And not waking up five minutes later. Brilliant! I'm still having a couple of feeds during the night - usually at 11 and 3.

Speaking of feeds, I had my first taste of banana today. Dad was in charge of the feed, and this time we managed to get most of the food into my mouth. Dad reckons the trick is timing the spoon to avoid the 'crazy arms'. He'd wait for me to pause, and to stop grabbing at the spoon, and then make his move. The banana inspired less screwed up faces than the pears did. So at the moment it appears banana and carrot share equal billing on my 'top food' list.

No comments:

My life in pictures