Wednesday 7 November 2007

Water baby

Look out Thorpey, I had my first swimming lesson today.

My 'lil swimmers' nappies were a little on the baggy side, but mum fastened them as tight as she could, and we hoped the heated pool wouldn't make me feel as relaxed as I sometimes do in my carseat!

My class is called 'Aqua Play'. And boy did we play. Half an hour of singing nursery rhymes and aquainting ourselves with the world of swimming.
We did a bit of kicking, we did a bit of floating, and we generally splashed about.

There were some bigger kids in another class next to us and they were even going under the water! And jumping from the sides to their mums and dads! One day that will be me.

Dad was able to start work a bit late and watch all the fun of my first lesson. He says it was a very special thing, one more 'first' for me. And one more first for mum and dad too.

No comments:

My life in pictures