Saturday 10 November 2007

Solid rock

I had my first meal of solid food today! Of all the wonderful foods that exist in this world, guess what I ended up with. Fruit? No. Veggies? No. Seafood? Of course not. If you guessed 'weird mushy rice cereal' you'd be right. And your prize can be a half eaten packet of said mushy rice cereal!

Generations of kids have grown up eating this stuff, so I guess it can't be too bad, but I wasn't too sure when I first tasted it;

I was more taken with the spoon than the actual food, but I kept eating until there was none left.

Mum thought it was quite fun to buy my first spoon. And little frozen food cube trays. And sippy cup. It's a whole new world of eating!

She was also impressed when I downed 220ml of baby formula at tea time. It was the first time I've had formula. I'm a breast milk baby. But I've gotten into the habit of having a few too many feeds during the night, so having a bit of formula is supposed to help wean me off those extra feeds. We'll see how it goes, bottles can't match breasts!

Next week we're adding pears to my diet. Such excitement!

No comments:

My life in pictures