Saturday 24 November 2007

Life is a highway

I love car rides. But there really is too much of a good thing. And too much is six hours straight.

We hit the road to visit Mummy B, my great grandma, for the weekend.

I strapped in and went straight to sleep. I woke up an hour later. Still in the car. I talked to mum a bit. Cried for a bit. And went back to sleep.

In BC days, 'before child', mum and dad would power through long car trips, petrol and food stops timed to the minute. It's a bit different now. We were going to stop at a nice park for my feed and a walk to stretch our legs. But I was fast asleep when we arrived, so mum suggested we keep going until I woke up. I woke up two minutes down the road!

When we got to our destination I was a little dopey, and stayed that way for the rest of the day. I think all those hours in the car did it.

No comments:

My life in pictures